Clean clothes are one of life’s necessities. We would notice if we opened our drawers to find nothing, but we might not notice if our dryer is running longer than usual to dry our clothes, especially if it is a gradual increase over time. It is common knowledge to inspect and clean the lint trap each time we use the dryer. However, such an inspection will not reveal if the ducting itself, at the back of the dryer and exiting the home, is beginning to become clogged with lint.
To prevent a dangerous buildup of lint, it is wise to hire a professional dryer vent cleaning service to be performed at routine intervals, once or twice yearly. Here are some of the advantages of hiring such a service:
- Lower Fire Risk – Thousands of people are affected by dryer fires annually.
- Increase Dryer Lifespan – Optimal airflow results in less strain on the dryer.
- Improve Efficiency – More efficient drying results in energy savings.
- Decrease Clothing Damage – Shortened drying times decrease heat exposure that can degrade fabrics and clothing.
- Reduce Allergens – Clogged dryer vents can retain moisture and be prone to mold and dust buildup, which can cause allergy symptoms.
- Reduce the Risk of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – This danger is associated with gas dryers. Clogged vents can allow gases to back up into your home.
At Steam Giant, we offer professional dryer vent cleaning for homes in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. We are a locally owned and operated business that has served the area since 2011. If you would like to protect your home while increasing the efficiency of your dryer, reach out to us today to schedule your dryer vent cleaning!