Over time, our furniture collects lots of dirt, debris, crime, and stains. Eventually, the upholstery in your home and vehicle will need a good cleaning. If you are looking to do some upholstery cleaning in the near future, check out the article below first. Our team of upholstery cleaning experts have listed the top upholstery cleaning mistakes to avoid below.
- Using the wrong tools: The tool used will be determined on the type of upholstery being cleaned, and what type of stain or debris you are trying to clean.
- Scrubbing too hard: Scrubbing can damage the fabric, and/or set the stains in even more than before.
- Using too much water: Too much water will leave watermarks on your fabric. Therefore, instead of the original stain you were attempting to clean up, you could now have a stain and a watermark.
- Using the wrong cleaning products: Be sure to research your fabric for the proper upholstery cleaning products. Using the wrong products can damage, and even ruin, your furniture upholstery.
- Not hiring a professional for your upholstery cleaning: This is by far the biggest mistake we see. If you are even a little uncertain about how to tackle your upholstery cleaning, let the experts take care of it.
Here at Steam Giant, we are your local expert here in Raleigh, Cary, and other surrounding areas in upholstery, cleaning, and all different types of cleaning. Give us a call today for all of your upholstery and steam cleaning needs!